Words do matter.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent
about things that matter~ martin luther king
Words heal..
Words reassure..
Words express...

Book review: Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber

Once Upon a Broken Heart (Once Upon a Broken Heart, #1)Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I jumped from this book to the next one right away so the complete review is in the third book.


*******************
My favourite quotes :

“I believe there are far more possibilities than happily ever after or tragedy. Every story has the potential for infinite endings.”

“If you think I'm jealous because someone else got to stab you, then you're right.”

“He held on to her as if she were a grudge, his body rigid and tense, as if he really didn't want her there, and yet his arms were tight around her waist as though he had no intention of ever letting her go.”

“Stop flashing your fangs. I’m the only one who gets to bite her.”

“He looked like a bad decision some unfortunate person was about to make.”

“I'm curious about a lot of things. I'm curious about you, but I don't want you to bite me!"
The corner of Jacks's mouth twitched. "I've already done that, Little Fox.”

“She didn't make being alone seem lonely as Evangeline had always feared. She made it seem like an adventure, as if every moment were the start of a story with endless possibilities.”

“His teeth grazed her pulse. 'Jacks-' It was suddenly impossible to form words. His mouth was against her throat and his teeth were on her skin. HIs teeth! Evangeline finally pressed against his chest. But it was as useless as trying to battle a block of marble. Hot, sculpted marble. She wanted to tell him not to bite her, but saying the word bite didn't seem like the wisest idea just then. 'You won't want this later.'
'Not really thinking about later.' He licked her, one languorous stroke up the column of her neck.
She gasped. 'You don't even like me.'
'I like you right now. I like you a lot.' He gently sucked her skin. 'In fact, I can't think of anything I like more.”

“She could picture him flashing those deceptive dimples as he tricked an angel into losing its wings just so he could play with the feathers.”

“Wait- are you saying that your kiss isn't deadly if you don't want it to be?'
'Careful, Little Fox, you sound curious. But you shouldn't be.”

“If Evangeline had a dagger, she imagined she could have sliced into that night as if it were a cake and stolen a piece of it to take a bite of all the wondrous dark.”
*******************

My favourite scenes in Once upon a Broken Heart:
Lala's home
The crypt

View all my reviews

0 Opinions:

Post a Comment

"How little a thing can make us happy when we feel that we have earned it" - Mark Twain