Words do matter.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent
about things that matter~ martin luther king
Words heal..
Words reassure..
Words express...

Book review: Divine Rivals by Rebecca Ross

Divine Rivals (Letters of Enchantment, #1)Divine Rivals by Rebecca Ross
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I don't know what I was expecting when I saw this romance book recommendation, but it wasn't this. This deep, raw and bloody tale of war and love and loss. Roman C. Kitt, Iris Winnow they have wrenched my heart. Squeezed out the emotions and love and fear and longing. This is such a beautiful story. It has everything, ambition, doubt, bravery, love, apprehensions, love, more bravery, suspense and sadness. So much sadness. I am in tears. I shouldn't have started this thinking it was a light read. It wasn't. It's heavy and oh-so emotional. Even the story of the typewriters. The war, the sibling's relationship.
For a change, in this book, I could never ever predict anything even though there were tropes of forced proximity and hidden identity. Everything was up in the air, like a fresh leaf falling from the tree, nothing repetitive about it. It's amazing Rebecca Ross.
The cliffhanger had been reading a snippet of the next book and I hope it'll be a happy ending. Onto the next one. Thank you for this reason, Rebecca. Soul-filling.

View all my reviews

0 Opinions:

Post a Comment

"How little a thing can make us happy when we feel that we have earned it" - Mark Twain