Words do matter.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent
about things that matter~ martin luther king
Words heal..
Words reassure..
Words express...

Book review: The Seven Year Slip by Ashley Poston

The Seven Year SlipThe Seven Year Slip by Ashley Poston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

6% - one chapter down and I KNOW this is the lake house thing! I am so sure. The server was the chef and man... It's going to be a roller coaster isn't it? Ending the first chapter with that huge grin is my first sign of "hooked, line and sinker". I know... It's gonna be good!

58% - 24 chapters down and this is not lake house or mix of Divine rivals with letters that travel. It's an apartment. There is nostalgia and grief. The way the story about her aunt and her death(suicide) is talked about is tearing. Heartbreaking. How grief can settle inside your bones and never let go. This is a really unique concept of a book. I am sure it's going to be 5 stars. It already is till now..

100%
It was poignant. Sublime. The way the author kept the mystery of him knowing about the 7 year slip was good. Everything was tied well in the end. I related most to her aunt. She carried a monster on her shoulder. The way the grief of losing has been the integral part of life of both the female and male lead, it has been done in a very delicate manner. Everything is done in refinement. Beautiful.

View all my reviews

0 Opinions:

Post a Comment

"How little a thing can make us happy when we feel that we have earned it" - Mark Twain