Words do matter.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent
about things that matter~ martin luther king
Words heal..
Words reassure..
Words express...

Book review: Practice Makes Perfect by Sarah Adams

Practice Makes Perfect (When in Rome, #2)Practice Makes Perfect by Sarah Adams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

4% of the book:

Okay. This female protagonist is suffering from social anxiety and I am hooked. Chapter 1 was good enough to reel me in. I am gonna love it , I can feel it. Bring it on Sarah Adams!

At 7% of the book:
Awww she's clumsy. I love it more and more.

At 53% of the book:
So far I like their chemistry. Annie the angel is kinda repetitive and his denial is too. But the chemistry is good. I like the characters of Annie and Will. So far. And this entire chapter is on a kiss or an extensive makeout session. That was really... Something out of the pirate novels that Annie so loves. Fingers crossed.

At 73% of the book:
I like the honest conversations that they had about what they want from life but I am having a hard time reeling in the feeling that their actions are falling all over the place. I mean, yes of course that's how we are in real life, not set in stone about how we are supposed to be, but at the same time in a book we usually expect for the character arc to start from somewhere and go somewhere entirely different. But here I am somewhat unconvinced about their actions and reactions. Let's see, what happens further.

At 100% of the book:
It was fine. But I am not that convinced. Yeah, she's an introvert, yes I connected with her but the rant going on about the same things gave me a headache and wanted it to end about the third time she mentioned she was not 'angel Annie'. I'll give it 3 stars. Fell kinda flat after the first half.

View all my reviews

0 Opinions:

Post a Comment

"How little a thing can make us happy when we feel that we have earned it" - Mark Twain