Words do matter.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent
about things that matter~ martin luther king
Words heal..
Words reassure..
Words express...

Book review: Better than the Movies by Lynn Painter

Better than the Movies (Better than the Movies, #1)Better than the Movies by Lynn Painter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I started reading this book, I immediately thought, "Oh yes, this girl is me." Liz is a rom-com movie buff waiting for her romantic hero, and her journey felt so relatable. Initially, I didn't want her to go for Michael, but soon it became clear that the trope was enemies to lovers with Wesley. Oh god, Wesley! He is funny, and so is Liz. My favorite laugh-out-loud moment was when Liz texted Michael from Wesley's phone about his hair. I couldn't stop laughing!

Wesley is so charming, and I'm falling for this guy just like Liz. But most of all, I connect with this hopeless romantic girl looking for the love she saw in movies. I was really hoping she'd pull her head out of her ass and see that Wesley is the one!

I found myself crying over the bond between Liz and Helena. Liz embracing the woman she thought was replacing the memories of her mom and finding a dependable friend in her is so touching. Helena reminds me of a practical and clear friend I have, yet she's soft and emotional.

This was a great book. It had everything: relatable characters, angst, confusion, and a happily ever after at the very end. Liz accepting Michael's promposal felt a bit stupid, and Wes making her go up to the piano room after that moment wasn't the best decision either. But this book made me cry, and that's always been a sign of a 5-star rating of the highest kind for me.

Long live romances with build-up and PG-13 content!

View all my reviews

0 Opinions:

Post a Comment

"How little a thing can make us happy when we feel that we have earned it" - Mark Twain