Words do matter.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent
about things that matter~ martin luther king
Words heal..
Words reassure..
Words express...

Book review: Book Lovers by Emily Henry

Book LoversBook Lovers by Emily Henry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As I started this book, "Book Lovers," I had already highlighted three quotes in the prologue. I knew this was going to be as good a read as any. At first, the protagonist seemed like a sunshine-in-the-meadows kind of girl, but she quickly revealed herself to be the ice queen, and I was hooked.

Then there's the grump, who, of course, will eventually become the love interest. Like Nora, I always have to know beforehand how a book or movie ends. I don’t want to be surprised unnecessarily. I just read their confession scene in the bookshop, and it was such a wholesome piece of wrapping of all the promises.

For the first time, I felt there really were ENOUGH words. The final moment of confessions usually feels rushed or progresses to kisses too soon, but Emily Henry nailed it. It was as satisfying as the best burger I’ve ever had or the best cup of frothy coffee ever made. This book was enough. Enough to restore my faith in romances after two disappointing, book-tok hyped books.

The words, the catchy banter, the subtle love, the PG-13 level smut—it was all good. I have so many saved quotations from the book that I’ll share here. Emily Henry, you’ve truly delivered a satisfying romance.

View all my reviews

0 Opinions:

Post a Comment

"How little a thing can make us happy when we feel that we have earned it" - Mark Twain