Words do matter.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent
about things that matter~ martin luther king
Words heal..
Words reassure..
Words express...

Book review: Funny Story by Emily Henry

Funny StoryFunny Story by Emily Henry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book has torn me apart. The way Emily portrays the raw emotions hooks inside and pulls you from your intestines.
First of the first, my heart fell out of my stomach when I read the name of Protagonist Daphne Vincent. It was my pen name for some time and just felt too cruel to read it kinda tauntingly in a romance book.
The emotions that Daphne is feeling at 84% of the book. The eternal wait, being chosen the last, being a backup, all of those intricacies are told in such a thoughtful and deep manner that I had no choice but to put the book down weeping and write the heaviness I feel about. It’s heartbreaking and I hate Peter and Sadie and her Dad. I feel so deeply for her, this Daphne. She deserves to be happy. She deserves not to wait for people to show up and for some reliable people to just be in her life to stop her from questioning her worth.
The Guy is the best book boyfriend ever.
With Emily's writing I am not usually looking for the heat or smut but the way she makes the sentences so wholesome, the analogies that she draws from the depths of mundane life examples. I love what she writes, Just like Emma here says, "I can happily read her grocery list as well"

View all my reviews

0 Opinions:

Post a Comment

"How little a thing can make us happy when we feel that we have earned it" - Mark Twain