Words do matter.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent
about things that matter~ martin luther king
Words heal..
Words reassure..
Words express...

Book Review: It Starts with Us by Colleen Hoover

It Starts with Us It Starts with Us by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book has made me feel things I wasn't sure I was ready to feel. I want to meet Atlas Corrigan in real life.

It is so completely heart-wrenching. Like someone took my heart and twisted it in their hands, wrung out all the blood. There was an Atlas in my Life. Just like Atlas did to Lily, he made me feel things and made me soar high with all those feelings. Considerate Atlas. Considerate Him.
Alike Lily, he met me in my downtime and made my life beautiful, bearable and worth living.

The part where it is shown that Lily knows she loves Ryle, but she is still hung up on the fact why Atlas never came back for her. How it could all have been different if he had returned. If he had realised that they could have been something wonderful some other time. It again felt like a page out of my life's book. Too relatable, too scarring.
Thank you, Coleen Hoover, for putting the feeling and yearning of loving someone and losing in so many beautiful words.

View all my reviews

0 Opinions:

Post a Comment

"How little a thing can make us happy when we feel that we have earned it" - Mark Twain