Words do matter.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent
about things that matter~ martin luther king
Words heal..
Words reassure..
Words express...

#15 If it wasn't meant to be


If it wasn't meant to be
Why did our paths cross?

If it wasn't meant to be
What made us come that close?

If it wasn't meant to be
Why were you not a stranger?

If it wasn't meant to be
Why those arms felt so secure?

If it wasn't meant to be
Why I thought you are the ‘one’?

If it wasn't meant to be
Why it felt so perfect?

If it wasn't meant to be
Why you always knew it all?
.
.
.
.
Maybe you knew it all along
For you started to move apart

Maybe you knew it all along
For you left me alone with broken heart

Maybe you knew it all along
For you never said what I yearned to hear

Maybe you knew it all along
For you took me for-granted forever

If it wasn't meant to be
Why didn't I ever come to know?



Image courtesy: Google

68 Opinions:

"If it wasn't meant to be,
why you became more than just some stranger,
If it wasn't meant to be,
why you made me fall for that mask,
If it wasn't meant to be,
why you ever came in my life?
If it wasn't meant to be,
why i fell for you???"


Nice one!

 

wow... must say describes my state of mind so goddamn well... great going!! and the questions are just so perfect.. Amazing words and a brilliant thought.. Kudos!

 

lot of pain really,hope d 1 u inferred here come back to u( and den u kik hiss ass off) else kudos
@tanvi: nyc lines indeed

 

Well dont know what to say , I hope you understand when i say 4 years wasted and STORY OF MY LIFE ...

Bikram's

 

He came, he stayed, and then he went. Maybe because, this was the course chosen for both of you. Cherish it, that you had a beautiful time, and a good companion.
Nice read.

Blasphemous Aesthete

 

an excellent read....the 1st 14 odd lines were superb...the words almost struck me....

 

Very well said.
Relationship and emotions need right conditioning, though description fits in many.

 

it pinched me....cud feel the pain...nicely penned!!

 

Hey, Hi

riddles of the heart...nicely framed...i felt the change halfway to be a bit sudden though...
anyways, nice read...

Regards,
The Silhouette...

 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

if it was meant to be,
you would have known it all along.
If it was meant to be,
this would have been a love song.

But everyone has got thy choice,
maybe fixed in the heaven above.
We actually have no right to blame
anyone, for the lack of love.

 

Why didn't I ever come to know? Because you were too busy loving.

 

Deepika. Nice poem.. Thanks for your constant support.. Hmm..

@ deepika..

Hmmm, I didn't forgot to reply to your comments.. But missed the comment as it went and sat inside the SPAM folder.. Just before a hour I checked and published it. Hmm... I am very much tired after the IndiBlogger meet so thought of replying tomorrow.. But after seeing your mail I thought of replying to it by now..

PS: I know that you are as sweet as me in checking the repsonse to the older comments..

Have a great day..

Someone is Special

 

Evocative, compelling read.....Like Purba said...you were so in love.Nothing mattered.

 

Nice write up... and neat space :)

 

Loved each and every bit of it and could very well relate to each word....

Very touching post deepika....

 

unrequited love is sad! here’s my new year potluck- http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/life/

 

love it.
well done..
keep wondering...

A++

 

The repetitions work well here. I love these apparently simple poems which actually contain so much emotion! Well done indeed.

http://jessicasjapes.wordpress.com/2011/01/07/my-best-friend/

 

Great poem - it moves well via the story.

 

Quite thoughtful..
Every line had a same emotion.

Nicely penned down..

 

I invite you to join Jingle Poetry Potluck week 17, link in 1 to 3 old poems today, Thanks for the valuable support!

Potluck Week 17 Treat/Awards 4 You, share, claim, and enjoy !



lovely poetry...

 

@Rachit- thank you for the visit.

@tanvi- "If it wasn't meant to be,
why you became more than just some stranger,
If it wasn't meant to be,
why you made me fall for that mask,
If it wasn't meant to be,
why you ever came in my life?
If it wasn't meant to be,
why i fell for you???"
:( u triggered my blues again.

@kits!- why every gal has the same state of mind? genetic disorder in girls! phew..

@Vishal Raj- thank you for the visit.. and feedback

@vineet- nopes, its not his mistake if it wasn't meant... no grudges against him. :) thank you for the feedback.

@Sourav-.............

@Bikramjit Singh Mann- wasted?... i wud say never regret the time u spent enjoying at a point of time.. cherish the happy memories :)

@Blasphemous Aesthete- u r right. regretting that time would be a sin.

@clueless- thank you for the visit.

@drmadangoyal- thanks for the visit sir, u r right.

@Saumya- hmm.. thank you for feedback.

@The Silhouette- riddles of heart unsolved and confusing. I agree the change went rough, i'll try to correct.

@dhawal-if it was meant to be,
you would have known it all along.
If it was meant to be,
this would have been a love song.
are u on a crusade on depressing me further! =((

@purba- sigh.. everyone knows except me.

@Someone Is Special- hey no problem, i was just reminding u :) anyways thanks for the feedback, its valuable.

@Alka Gurha- compelling read.. that makes my day i guess. thanks.

@WarmSunshine-thank you for the visit :)

@Tanishka-thanks tani, hope i can call u so. thank you visiting and feedback well.

@Jingle- yes, the wondering won't stop i guess.

@Old Ollie- thank you for the visit and feed back.

@booguloo- sad song.. i m glad if it felt this way.

@Alcina- thanks.. for the visit and feed back, thank you for the kind words.

 

not to depress you but only to make you realize to move on.........

 

You never know it was not meant to be until its said and done....
when it ends, when the heart breaks you still cling on and take a while to accept, even then, only this much, maybe, just maybe it was never to be...sad, evocative words but often a reality.

 

too close to real life....reading it was kind of moving...... good one !

 

Deepika,
A really lovely poem of love and the mystery of love...

Best wishes, Eileen

 

You can call me anything you like deepika... Tani sounds cute.... Thanks.... :)

 

such are the games of destiny, i believe no ones to be blamed :( a very touching post deepika...strikes the cord deep and hard!


sarah

 

Good one :)

Just adding some lines I thought of while reading this.. :P
If it wasn't meant to be, It shouldn't be! =)
If it was meant to be, It WILL be :)

Happy Bloggin.

 

Thanks for your sweet words.. Do join Jingle Poetry and Thursday Poets Rally...

Someone is Special

 

Some things are not meant to be, they are there to teach us that we have the strength to move on..

Touching thoughts...

 

@Rek- often, maybe.. but its reality with many.

@chatterbox unplugged- thanks for the visit

@sushant jain-thanks

@Eileen T O'Neill .....-mysteries of love, yet unsolved.

@tani- :)

@subtlescribbler- when u say it touches, i can imagine that u can feel that, thats means u too hv been hurt.

@Esther-nice one urself.. great. thanks for visiting.

@Someone Is Special- i would. :)

@Beauty and the BEast- thanku for the visit.

 

Hello, thanks for visiting my stream. Looks like this post is your real angst .. unspoken and blogged. I wouldnt have been able to post my pains in public sphere.. so kudos for that. Will come back !
cheers
m

 

sad melancholy questions...

 

Destiny plays strange games and we our just slaves too it...years pass and yet at times you don't know the reason why?

Quite painful yet a wonderful read :)

Take Care,
Fatima

 

If it wasn't meant to be
Why did our paths cross?

I ask myself this question day after day! month after month!!!! Why!

 

Every broken heart's tale. Beautiful.

 

It doesn't appears to be a fiction because words are much stranger than a fiction. This is life.

 

I'm sure most of us could relate to this..very touchy!...

 

waaao! Amazingly Perfect expression of the most popular human imperfection called love!!!
It happens, quite often, when we choose to see jst what we want to see and start neglecting the truth!!!
:(
It might be true that choosing Love as an ingredient of life has made it imperfect bt I personally believe that it was the best decision ever made!!!

In short!!! Words are great, true nd etc etc... Bt njoy the imperfection as it is n be happyyy!!!

(jyada bda ho gaya! :D :D)

 

Everything happened was meant to be............

 

Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website,
how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped me a acceptable deal.
I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept
Take a look at my web site : weight loss center

 

Awesome blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers? I'm planning to start my own website soon but I'm
a little lost on everything. Would you suggest starting with a free
platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option?
There are so many options out there that I'm totally confused .. Any suggestions? Bless you!

Check out my site - diets that work

 

When some one searches for his necessary thing, thus he/she desires to be available that in detail, so that thing is maintained over here.


Feel free to visit my webpage raspberry ketone

 

wonderful work! the way you discuss the subject i'm very impressed. i'll bookmark this webpage and be back more often to see more updates from you.

ayumi
www.brfe.net

 

It's very simple to find out any matter on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this post at this site.

Feel free to visit my weblog Plastic storage Sheds \u0022rubbermaid storage sheds\u0022

 

spot on with this write-up, i like the way you discuss the things. i'm impressed, i must say. i'll probably be back again to read more. thanks for sharing this with us.

Lee Shin
www.trendone.net

 

Appreciation to my father who informed me about this website, this webpage
is in fact awesome.

Here is my website how to get rid of scars

 

Great post.

Feel free to surf to my homepage; keyword organizer discount

 

Hello, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog site in Safari, it looks fine but when
opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.

I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
Other then that, awesome blog!

Feel free to surf to my web page dive watches

 

Not a complete killer but not something to write
home about either. At a price of around $964, the Asus N80Vn-A1 comes
equipped with n - Vidia's Geforce 9650M GT, with 1 GB of DDR3 video
memory. The Intex 032DW laptop PC offers connectivity through an internal Wi - Fi 802.
The Router function ties everything together and lets the whole network share
a higher-speed cable or DSL Internet connection.


My blog post ... gaming laptops under 1000

 

Wonderful article! This is the kind of information that should
be shared across the web. Disgrace on the seek engines for not
positioning this publish upper! Come on over and seek advice from my website .
Thanks =)

Visit my web page ... Binära Optioner

 

Great informatiοn. Lucky mе Ι ran across ylur site byy accident (stumbleupon).
Ӏ havе book marked it forr lаter!

Feel free tօ suref to mmy web blog ... cheap car insurance quotes online

 

It's difficult to find well-informed people on this subject,
but you sound like you know what you're talking about!
Thanks

Visit my web page - IT outsourcing

 

I don't even know how I stopped up right here, but I believed this publish was once
good. I don't understand who you might be but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger in case you are not already.
Cheers!

Also visit my homepage :: seo Google []

 

Outstanding quest there. What occurred after?
Thanks!

my website - search engine optimization

 

You really have an awesome blog. You doing great and I really love it. Thanks for posting. God bless.

Zeny
www.imarksweb.org

 

Post a Comment

"How little a thing can make us happy when we feel that we have earned it" - Mark Twain